Dr. Fleurice Parat
Institut für Geowissenschaften
Mineralogie - Geochemie
Fon: 0761 / 203 6423 direkt
Fon: 0761 / 203 6396 Sekretariat
Fax: 0761 / 203 6407
- The influence of volatile on phase equilibria and pre-eruptive conditions of calc-alkaline magmas In collaboration with Pr. François Holtz, University of Hannover, Germany.
- Sulfur behavior during magma genesis: constraints from experiments and natural glass inclusions in apatite. In collaboration with Dr. Andreas Klügel, University of Bremen and Pr. François Holtz, University of Hannover, Germany.
- Phase equilibria and pre-eruptive conditions of ultrapotassic plutonic rocks: Durbachite from the Bohemian Massif, Czech Republic In collaboration with Pr. Milos Rene, Institute of Rock Structure and Mechanics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic and Pr. François Holtz and Dr. Renat Almeev, University of Hannover, Germany.
- Crystallization of An-rich plagioclase in ‘dacitic’ melt at Arenal volcano: Natural occurrence and experiments In collaboration with Dr. Martin Streck, University of Portland, U.S.A..
- The effect of H2O on olivine crystallization in MORB: Experimental calibration at 200 MPa In collaboration with Dr. Renat Almeev and Pr. François Holtz, University of Hannover, Germany.
2000 Ph.D., Department of Mineralogy, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Dissertation: Contemporaneous Magmatic Differentiation of S-rich Trachyandesitic and High-K Calc-alkaline Andesite in an Intracontinental Setting, San Juan Volcanic Field, Colorado, U.S.A.. Advisor: Michael Dungan
1996 B.Sc., "Diplôme d’Etude Approfondie" (D.E.A.) - Dynamic of the lithosphere - University Joseph Fourie, Grenoble, France
Thesis: The cretaceous west and East Coast basalts of New Caledonia: an obducted oceanic plateau
Advisor: Christian Picard
2006-present Assistant Professor (C1 position), Mineralogical-Geochemical Institute, Albert-Ludwigs-University of Freiburg, Germany
2005-2006 Postdoctoral Fellow - Department of Mineralogy, University of Heidelberg, Germany
2002-2004 Individual Fellowship Marie Curie (European grant) - Institute of Mineralogy, University of Hannover, Germany
2001 – 2002 Post-doctoral position (Bourse Relève Jeunes Chercheurs) - grant from « Fonds National Suisse », Switzerland - Institute of Mineralogy, University of Hannover, Germany 2000 – 2001 Post-doctoral position, Department of Mineralogy, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Teaching / Courses
- Optic mineralogy (2006-2007, 5th semester)
- Igneous Petrology (2007, 6-7th semester)
- Volcanology (2007, 6-7th semester)
- Mineralogy - Petrology (2007, 2nd semester)
- Igneous and metamorphic Petrology (Bachelor, 5th semester)
- Volcanology (Master)
Outstanding Student Paper Award, 1999 Fall Meeting. Section VGP of the "American Geophysical Union – Fall Meeting".
- Deutsche Mineralogische Gesellschaft
- American Geophysical Union
- Société Géologique de France